Chronic Care Management at VUPC
At VUPC, we are always looking to add new and innovative health care services for our patients. As such, we have partnered with Dr. Lydia Georgy, a Chronic Care Management (CCM) consultant to work with our patients with chronic illnesses to improve their quality of life.
As a Medicare beneficiary with two or more chronic conditions, you are eligible to receive additional support from our health team. Let us partner with you to manage your health together.
Lydia Georgy, PharmD, CDCES, BCMTMS
Dr. Lydia Georgy graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University School of Pharmacy as a Doctor of Pharmacy. She is a Certified Diabetes Care Educator Specialist and is a Board Certified Medication Therapy Management Specialist. She is currently a courtesy Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Florida. Dr. Georgy provides compassionate patient care that helps promote health through prevention and safe effective treatment. Her extensive knowledge includes areas of expertise in: Anticoagulation, Asthma, CCM, Diabetes, Hyperlipidemia, Hypertension, Patient Assistance (affording medications) and Smoking Cessation.
How it Works...
As a Medicare beneficiary with two or more chronic conditions, you will get to work with our excellent health team to create the most comprehensive Care Plan to manage your health needs, which will be available to you 24/7 via the Patient Portal Link. We will help you to understand your medical conditions and medications and to complete your allergy list. Additionally, our team will assist you to schedule your routine appointments and to identify key questions to ask your health care providers. We will also help you to connect with programs and to find other resources to help you better manage your health. To ensure that you are on track, our health team will call you every month to check in and see how you are doing.
Terms and Conditions
- Your written or verbal consent is required to enroll in our CCM program. You can cancel at any time.
- Your medical information will be gathered and shared with your active providers as a part of care coordination.
- Only one provider can sponsor CCM services during a 30 day period.
- Depending on your insurance plan and supplemental coverage, you will be billed a copay of $7/month-$10/month which may be coverd by your secondary health plan.
- CCM services are provided by our Clinical Pharmacist (Dr. Lydia Georgy), who will coordinate care between you and your providers, and your caregivers, to include telehealth with the provider. To learn more, call us at 703-798-2023.